Farsi (Persian) Phrasebook & Dictionary
Farsi the language of Iran (formerly Persia) and is also widely spoken in Afghanistan and, in an archaic form, in Tajikistan and the Pamir Mountain region.
Get more from your tripwith easy-to-find phrases for every travel situation. Over 70 million people speak Farsi in Iran - why not make it 70 million and one? This evocative 3000-year-old language (called Farsi in Iran and Persian elsewhere) is yours for the talking when you grab this handy, comprehensive phrasebook.
Lonely Planet's Farsi Phrasebook & Dictionary is your passport to the most relevant Farsi phrases and vocabulary for all your travel needs. Bargain in a bazaar over luxurious handwoven carpets, hike to out-of-the-way locations, or order a local speciality for your midday meal -all with your trusted travel companion. With language tools in your back pocket, you can truly get to the heart of wherever you go, so begin your journey now!
Get More From Your Trip with Easy-to-Find Phrases for Every Travel Situation!
- Feel at ease with essential tips on culture, manners, idioms and multiple meanings
- Order with confidence, explain food allergies, and try new foods
- Save time and hassles with vital phrases at your fingertips
- Never get stuck for words with the 3500-word two-way, quick-reference dictionary
- Be prepared for both common and emergency travel situations with practical phrases and terminology
- Meet friends with conversation starter phrases
- Get your message across with easy-to-use pronunciation guides
Inside Lonely Planet's Farsi Phrasebook & Dictionary:
- Colour throughout
- User-friendly layout organised by travel scenario categories
- Survival phrases inside front cover for at-a-glance on-the-fly cues
- Convenient features
- Listen For - phrases you may hear
- Look For - phrases you may see on signs
- Shortcuts - easy-to-remember alternatives to the full phrases
- Q&A - suggested answers to questions asked
- Basics - time, dates, numbers, amounts, pronunciation, reading tips, grammar rules
- Practical - travel with kids, sightseeing, business, banking, post office, internet, phones, repairs, bargaining, accommodation, directions, border crossing, transport
- Social - meeting people, interests, feelings, opinions, going out, romance, culture, activities, weather
- Safe Travel - emergencies, police, doctor, chemist, dentist, symptoms, conditions
- Food - ordering, at the market, at the bar, dishes, ingredients
Publication Date: November 2014
Writers: Dehghani, Yavar
260 pages,30 | Dimensions: 93mm width × 140mm height
Next edition due: December 2024
Complete your travel selection