Lonely Planet Experience Italy is your passport to majestic nature, epic journeys, cultural powerhouses and out-of-this-world experiences. We travel through buzzing cities, colourful coastal villages, rolling Tuscan hills, and grand piazzas. Discover the secrets to the perfect pizza, explore the atmospheric ruins of Pompeii, get behind the scenes of La Scala opera house, and more.
This new part-pictorial, part-guidebook is built around themes that introduce the reader to the heart of Italy. This photo-rich, hardback guide is packed with practical trip-planning tips and information on the most authentic local sights and activities. It’s perfect for seasoned travelers looking to discover something new or previously undiscovered.
- Includes over 90 experiences stretching across Italy
- Multiple ways to navigate the book - thematically, geographically, or by interest
- Hundreds of stunning photos on gloss paper stock
Experience Italy is presented across five themes:
- Bravo italia: The italian icons you already love
- Tradizione: Treasured heritage, hill towns & harvests
- Viva italia: Modern life & the italian way
- Che sorpresa!: Underrated & unexpected experiences
- Dolce vita: Living the sweet life
Get to the heart of Italy and begin your journey now!
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Experience Italy covers both top sights and roads less travelled and is the perfect place to start getting inspired and mapping out an itinerary for an upcoming trip.
Once you’ve decided where you’re headed in Italy, check out the relevant Lonely Planet Italian destination travel guides for even more detailed itinerary planning.
Curator: Bonnie Alberts
Writers: Sarah Barrell, Oliver Berry, Alison Bing, Abigail Blasi, Cristian Bonetto, Kerry Christiani, Gregor Clark, Douglas Cruickshank, Matthew Fort, Paula Hardy, Abigail Hole, Kate Morgan, Tim Parks, Olivia Pozzan, Brendan Sainsbury, Simon Sellars, Oliver Smith, Tony Wheeler, Nicola Williams
320 pages, 320pp color, 0 maps | Dimensions: 267mm × 206mm
Next edition due: Apr 2022