Europe's Best Trips - Switzerland (PDF Chapter)
Switzerland lies in the centre of Europe yet exhibits a unique blend of cultures. Dazzling outdoor scenery, such as the ever-admired Alps, pristine lakes, lush meadows and chocolate-box chalets, combines with local traditions, cosmopolitan cities and smooth infrastructure.
- see the greatest of the great outdoors: perfect peaks, gorgeous glaciers, verdant valleys
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- visit mountains, pastures, lakes and small-town charm, book-ended by Switzerland’s biggest cities
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- discover even more with detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Arosa, Vals, Disentis Abbey, Andermatt, Engleberg, Giessbachfälle, Grindelwald, Lauterbrunnen, Schilthorn, Kandersteg, Aletsch Glacier, Zermatt, Geneva, Fribourg, Interlaken, Bern, Emmental Region, Unesco Biosphere Entlebuch, Lucerne, Stanserhorn, Jungfraujoch, Zürich, Geneva Walking Tour and Need to Know.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience