Europe - Turkey (PDF Chapter)
This is the Turkey chapter from Lonely Planet’s Europe guidebook.
Turkey walks the tightrope between Europe and Asia with ease. Its cities combine towering minarets and spice-trading bazaars with buzzing, modern street life. Out in the countryside, its expansive steppes and craggy mountain slopes are scattered with the remnants of once-mighty empires.
- ferry-hop from Europe to Asia with your camera at the ready to capture Istanbul’s famous minaret-studded skyline
- bed down in a cave-hotel to savour modern troglodyte style amid the bizarre lunarscape of Cappadocia
- fulfil your toga-loaded daydreams in Ephesus, one of the world’s greatest surviving Grae-co-Roman cities
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Istanbul, Aegean Coast, Gallipoli (Gelibolu) Peninsula, Çanakkale, Troy (Truva), Bergama (Pergamum), Izmir, Selçuk, Pamukkale, Bodrum, Mediter-ranean Coast, Fethiye, Patara, Kas, Olympos & Çirali, Antalya, Central Anatolia, Ankara, Konya, Cappadocia, Göreme, Eastern Turkey, Nemrut Dağı Milli Parki, Kars, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience