Europe - The Netherlands (PDF Chapter)
This is the Netherlands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Europe guidebook.
Allow plenty of time to revel in the magical, multifaceted capital Amsterdam, to venture further afield to charming canal-laced towns such as Leiden and Delft, and to check out exquisite Maas-tricht and pulsing port city of Rotterdam.
- cruise Amsterdam’s canals while soaking up one of Europe’s most enchanting old cit-ies
- marvel at the architecture of Markthal Rotterdam, a highlight of the Netherlands’ hip-and-happening ‘second city’
- explore Fort Sint Pieter, centuries-old tunnels below the resplendent city of Maastricht
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Amsterdam, The Randstad, Haarlem, Leiden, Den Haag, Delft, Rotterdam, Utrecht, The South, Maastricht, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.