Europe - Sweden (PDF Chapter)
This is the Sweden chapter from Lonely Planet’s Europe guidebook.
Sweden is a Nordic dream date. Impeccable taste and attention to detail make much of the country look like a shoot for Wallpaper magazine. Almost everyone in Stockholm got the memo to ‘look sharp’, while Sweden’s world-famous design imbues the everyday with beauty.
- bounce between world-class museums, restaurants and fairy-tale streetscapes in Stock-holm, Sweden’s confident, elegant capital
- explore indigenous Sami culture and slumber in a hotel made of ice in the tiny Arctic ham-let of Jukkasjärvi
- wander time-stuck medieval streetscapes in Gotland’s walled, World Heritage–listed capital, Visby
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Stockholm, Uppsala, Southern Sweden, Malmö, Gothenburg, Gotland, Visby, Norrland, Östersund, Umeå, Kiruna & Around, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.