Europe - Slovenia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Slovenia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Europe guidebook.
Pint-sized Slovenia has everything – from beaches, snowcapped mountains, hills awash in grape vines and wide plains blanketed in sunflowers to Gothic churches, baroque palaces and art-nouveau buildings. Warm Mediterranean breezes reach the foothills of the Alps, where it can snow in summer.
- enjoy a ‘flight’ on the funicular up to the spectacular hilltop Ljubljana Castle
- consider the genius of architect Jože Plečnik at Ljubljana’s historic library
- gaze at the natural perfection of the crystal green Lake Bled
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Ljubljana, Julian Alps, Bled, Bohinj, Soča Valley, Bo-vec, Karst & Coast, Postojna & Škocjan Caves, Piran, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.