Europe - Russia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Russia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Europe guidebook.
Could there be a more iconic image of Eastern Europe than the awe-inspiring architectural ensemble of Moscow’s Red Square? The brash, exciting and oil-rich capital of Russia is a must. St Petersburg, on the Baltic coast, is another stunner.
- be awe-inspired by Moscow’s massive scale and riches
- take a walking, bike or boat tour of St Petersburg, a glorious Italianate slice of Old Europe incongruously placed in Russia
- ogle the seemingly endless collection of masterpieces in St Petersburg’s State Hermitage Museum
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Moscow, Golden Ring, St Petersburg, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.