Europe - Romania (PDF Chapter)
This is the Romania chapter from Lonely Planet’s Europe guidebook.
Beautiful and beguiling, Romania’s rural landscape remains relatively untouched by the country’s urban evolution. It’s a land of aesthetically stirring hand-ploughed fields, sheepinstigated traffic jams and lots of homemade plum brandy.
- base yourself in Brasov to ascend castles and mountains (and castles on top of mountains)
- follow the Unesco World Heritage line of painted monasteries in Bucovina
- soak in the beautifully restored Saxon town of Sibiu
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Bucharest, Transylvania, Brasov, Sighisoara, Sibiu, Cluj-Napoca, Banat, Timisoara, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience