Europe - Romania (PDF Chapter)
This is the Romania chapter from Lonely Planet’s Europe guidebook.
Energetic cities like Timişoara, Sibiu, Cluj-Napoca and Bucharest showcase Romania as a rapidly evolving European country. But its beguiling rural landscape – hand-ploughed fields, sheep-instigated traffic jams and lots of homemade plum brandy – remains relatively untouched by the country’s urban evolution.
- base yourself in Braşov to ascend castles and mountains (and castles on top of moun-tains)
- follow the Unesco World Heritage line of painted monasteries in Southern Bucovina
- soak in the beautifully restored Saxon town of Sibiu
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Bucharest, Transylvania, Braşov, Sighişoara, Sibiu, Cluj-Napoca, Banat, Timişoara, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.