Europe - Portugal (PDF Chapter)
This is the Portugal chapter from Lonely Planet’s Europe guidebook.
With medieval castles, frozen-in-time villages, captivating cities and golden-sand bays, the Portuguese experience can mean many things. History, terrific food and wine, lyrical scenery and all-night partying are just the beginning.
- follow the sound of fado spilling from the lamplit lanes of enchanting Alfama in the heart of Lisbon
- take in Tavira’s laid-back charms, before hitting some of the Algarve’s prettiest beaches
- catch live music in a backstreet bar in festive Coimbra, a university town with a stunning medieval centre
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Lisbon & Around, Sintra, Cascais, The Algarve, Faro, Tavira, Lagos, Silves, Sagres, Central Portugal, Évora, Peniche, Óbidos, Nazaré, Tomar, Coimbra, The North, Porto, Viana do Castelo, Braga, Parque Nacional da Peneda-Gerês, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.