Europe on a Shoestring - Spain & Portugal (PDF Chapter)
This is the Spain & Portugal chapter from Lonely Planet’s Europe on a Shoestring guidebook.
Beyond the Pyrenees is another Europe, a diverse and magical land surrounded by sea and with cultures all of its own. It is scenically spectacular, with a staggering array of beaches, na-tional parks and mountains, and a majestic range of architecture.
- admire the genius of Gaudí and wallow in the cultural riches and glorious food culture of Barcelona
- enjoy the Mediterranean sunshine on Mallorca’s blessed Balearic beaches
- spend your days in some of Europe’s best galleries, and nights amid its best nightlife, in Madrid
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Spain, Madrid & Around Madrid, San Sebastián, Bil-bao, Burgos, Salamanca, León, Santiago de Compostela, Barcelona, Girona, The Balearic Is-lands, Valencia, Andalucía, Spain Survival Guide, Portugal, Lisbon & Around, The Algarve, Évo-ra, Óbidos, Nazaré, Coimbra, Porto, Braga, Parque Nacional da Peneda-Gerês, Portugal Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Shoestring guideWhat is a Shoestring guide?
Planning a big trip? On a Shoestring guidebooks are created with the budget- and value-conscious traveller in mind. Covering entire continents or very large regions, they’re chock-full of amazing sights and experiences, savvy tips and recommendations. The original Lonely Planet guidebook.
- Inspirational images, illustrated highlights, unrivalled local knowledge
- Help and advice for first-time and big-trip travellers
- Easy-to-use maps help you discover highlights and hidden gems
- Detailed pre-planning, itinerary information and budget advice
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.