Europe on a Shoestring - Scandinavia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Scandinavia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Europe on a Shoestring guidebook.
Effortlessly chic cities and remote forests; rocking festivals and the majestic aurora borealis; endless day and perpetual night: Scandinavia’s menu is anything but bland. The great outdoors is rarely greater than in Europe’s big north.
- shop and nosh in Copenhagen, Scandinavia’s capital of cool
- tour urban waterways, explore museums and wander the Old Town in Stockholm.
- immerse yourself in Helsinki for the latest in Finnish design and nightlife
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Denmark, Copenhagen, Helsingør, Roskilde, Aarhus, Skagen, Denmark Survival Guide, Sweden, Stockholm, Uppsala, Göteborg, Gotland, Norrland, Sweden Survival Guide, Finland, Helsinki, Turku, Lakeland, Lapland, Finland Survival Guide, Norway, Oslo, The Western Fjords, Northern Norway, Norway Survival Guide, Iceland, Reykjavík, The Golden Circle, The South, The North, Iceland Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Shoestring guideWhat is a Shoestring guide?
Planning a big trip? On a Shoestring guidebooks are created with the budget- and value-conscious traveller in mind. Covering entire continents or very large regions, they’re chock-full of amazing sights and experiences, savvy tips and recommendations. The original Lonely Planet guidebook.
- Inspirational images, illustrated highlights, unrivalled local knowledge
- Help and advice for first-time and big-trip travellers
- Easy-to-use maps help you discover highlights and hidden gems
- Detailed pre-planning, itinerary information and budget advice
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.