Europe on a Shoestring - Russia & the Baltic Coast (PDF Chapter)
This is the Russia & the Baltic Coast chapter from Lonely Planet’s Europe on a Shoe-string guidebook.
Russia packs a double whammy with Moscow and St Petersburg, among Europe’s most impressive cities. In comparison, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania are tiny, yet there are three completely distinct cultures to discover – with different languages, traditions and markedly different temperaments.
- marvel at Moscow’s historical showstoppers, such as the Kremlin and Red Square, and its cool creativity
- absorb St Petersburg’s amazing Hermitage and gilded palaces
- explore Tallinn’s Old Town of polished medieval abodes
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Russia, Moscow, St Petersburg, Peterhof, Pushkin (Tsarskoe Selo), Kaliningrad Region, Russia Survival Guide, Estonia, Tallinn, Tartu, Pärnu, Es-tonia Survival Guide, Latvia, Riga, Jurmala, Sigulda, Cesis, Ventspils, Latvia Survival Guide, Lithuania, Vilnius, Trakai, Kaunas, Klaipeda, Curonian Spit National Park, Lithuania Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Shoestring guideWhat is a Shoestring guide?
Planning a big trip? On a Shoestring guidebooks are created with the budget- and value-conscious traveller in mind. Covering entire continents or very large regions, they’re chock-full of amazing sights and experiences, savvy tips and recommendations. The original Lonely Planet guidebook.
- Inspirational images, illustrated highlights, unrivalled local knowledge
- Help and advice for first-time and big-trip travellers
- Easy-to-use maps help you discover highlights and hidden gems
- Detailed pre-planning, itinerary information and budget advice