Europe on a Shoestring - Plan your trip (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Welcome to Europe, Europe’s Top 20, Need to Know, First-Time Europe, If You Like..., Month by Month, Itineraries, Big Adventures Small Budgets, Getting Around Europe, and Regions at a Glance chapters from Lonely Planet’s Europe on a Shoe-string guidebook.
Your journey to Europe on a Shoestring starts here. You’ll find the tools to plan your adven-ture: where to go and when, how much to budget, plus in-depth info on the best way to traverse the continent.
- tailor-made itineraries, arranged by region, themes and events
- list of highlights and best experiences
- everything you need to know about getting the best bang for your buck
- user-friendly country overview ensures you won’t miss a thing
Coverage includes: Welcome to Europe, Europe’s Top 20, Need to Know, First-Time Europe, If You Like: Castles & Palaces, Beaches & Islands, Sensational Scenery, Nightlife, Art Collections, Music, Cafes & Bars, Historical Sites, Month by Month, Itineraries, Big Adventures Small Budgets, Getting Around Europe, and Regions at a Glance.
You are viewing a Shoestring guideWhat is a Shoestring guide?
Planning a big trip? On a Shoestring guidebooks are created with the budget- and value-conscious traveller in mind. Covering entire continents or very large regions, they’re chock-full of amazing sights and experiences, savvy tips and recommendations. The original Lonely Planet guidebook.
- Inspirational images, illustrated highlights, unrivalled local knowledge
- Help and advice for first-time and big-trip travellers
- Easy-to-use maps help you discover highlights and hidden gems
- Detailed pre-planning, itinerary information and budget advice