Europe on a Shoestring - Great Britain & Ireland (PDF Chapter)
This is the Great Britain & Ireland chapter from Lonely Planet’s Europe on a Shoe-string guidebook.
You could spend a lifetime exploring these historic and beautiful isles – from ancient Stone-henge and the great medieval cathedrals of Westminster, Canterbury and York to the colleges of Oxford and Cambridge Universities and the castles and magnificent scenery of Wales, Scotland and Ireland.
- experience the many delights of London, one of the world’s greatest capital cities
- get lost among the dreaming spires of the ancient university town of Oxford
- visit the Roman baths and admire the grand Georgian architecture of Bath
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: England, London, Windsor & Eton, Salisbury & Stonehenge, Bath, Oxford, Stratford-upon-Avon, Cambridge, York, Manchester, Lake District Na-tional Park, Wales, Cardiff, Snowdonia National Park, Scotland, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness & Loch Ness, Isle of Skye, Great Britain Survival Guide, Ireland, Dublin, The Southeast, The Southwest, The West Coast, Northern Ireland, Ireland Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Shoestring guideWhat is a Shoestring guide?
Planning a big trip? On a Shoestring guidebooks are created with the budget- and value-conscious traveller in mind. Covering entire continents or very large regions, they’re chock-full of amazing sights and experiences, savvy tips and recommendations. The original Lonely Planet guidebook.
- Inspirational images, illustrated highlights, unrivalled local knowledge
- Help and advice for first-time and big-trip travellers
- Easy-to-use maps help you discover highlights and hidden gems
- Detailed pre-planning, itinerary information and budget advice
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.