Europe on a Shoestring - Germany, Austria & Benelux (PDF Chapter)
This is the Germany, Austria & Benelux chapter from Lonely Planet’s Europe on a Shoestring guidebook.
Castles and chocolate, tulips and cuckoo-clocks, Alps and canals: all the icons are here to be discovered along with the region’s noble cathedrals, grand palaces, art galleries full of Old Mas-ters, and charismatic traditional cafes, beer halls and pubs.
- prepare for total immersion in a cultural and party scene in Berlin, Europe’s capital of al-ternative cred
- jump on board for beer fests, BMWs, Alpine excursions and more in Munich, Bavaria’s stylish metropolis
- snap a postcard-perfect village along the beautiful Romantic Rhine
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Germany, Berlin, Dresden, Leipzig, Munich, Romantic Road, Nuremberg, Heidelberg, Black Forest, Frankfurt am Main, The Romantic Rhine Valley, Trier, Cologne, Düsseldorf, Hamburg, Bremen, Germany Survival Guide, Belgium, Brussels, Antwerp, Ghent, Bruges, Ypres, Mons, Belgium Survival Guide, Luxembourg, Luxembourg City, Luxembourg Survival Guide, The Netherlands, Amsterdam, Delft, Rotterdam, Maastricht, Nether-lands Survival Guide, Austria, Vienna, Graz, Klagenfurt, Salzburg, Salzkammergut, Tyrol, Austria Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Shoestring guideWhat is a Shoestring guide?
Planning a big trip? On a Shoestring guidebooks are created with the budget- and value-conscious traveller in mind. Covering entire continents or very large regions, they’re chock-full of amazing sights and experiences, savvy tips and recommendations. The original Lonely Planet guidebook.
- Inspirational images, illustrated highlights, unrivalled local knowledge
- Help and advice for first-time and big-trip travellers
- Easy-to-use maps help you discover highlights and hidden gems
- Detailed pre-planning, itinerary information and budget advice