Europe on a Shoestring - France, Switzerland & Austria (PDF Chapter)
This is the France, Switzerland & Austria chapter from Lonely Planet’s Europe on a Shoestring guidebook.
With monumental cities full of architectural icons, storybook villages, vine-stitched valleys and Alpine landscapes, travelling through this French and Germanic wedge of Western Europe is a kaleidoscope of top-of-the-world experiences.
- enjoy a whirlwind romance with Paris, one of the world’s greatest cities
- admire Mont Blanc and live the good life at Lake Geneva
- acquaint yourself with Mozart in storybook Salzburg
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: France, Paris, Versailles, Lille, The Somme, Normandy, Mont St-Michel, Brittany, The Loire Valley, Champagne, Burgundy, Lyon, Chamonix, Bordeaux, Provence, French Riviera, France Survival Guide, Switzerland, Geneva, Lausanne, Valais, Mittelland & Bernese Oberland, Lucerne, Basel, Zürich, Ticino, Switzerland Survival Guide, Austria, Vienna, Graz, Klagenfurt, Salzburg, Salzkammergut, Tyrol, Austria Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.