Europe on a Shoestring - France & Switzerland (PDF Chapter)
This is the France & Switzerland chapter from Lonely Planet’s Europe on a Shoe-string guidebook.
Visiting France and Switzerland is about lapping up art de vivre between celebrity sights. Think wine, food and excessive dégustation (tasting), indulged in, as required by local etiquette, at a delicious escargot-slow pace.
- enjoy a whirlwind romance with Paris, one of the world’s greatest cities
- follow pilgrims to the ancient island abbey of Mont St-Michel
- relive the Renaissance in the royal châteaux of the Loire Valley
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: France, Paris, Lille, The Somme, Normandy, Mont St-Michel, Brittany, The Loire Valley, Champagne, Lyon, Chamonix, Bordeaux, Provence, French Riviera, Monaco, France Survival Guide, Switzerland, Geneva, Lausanne, Valais, Mittelland & Bernese Oberland, Lucerne, Basel, Zurich, Ticino, Switzerland Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Shoestring guideWhat is a Shoestring guide?
Planning a big trip? On a Shoestring guidebooks are created with the budget- and value-conscious traveller in mind. Covering entire continents or very large regions, they’re chock-full of amazing sights and experiences, savvy tips and recommendations. The original Lonely Planet guidebook.
- Inspirational images, illustrated highlights, unrivalled local knowledge
- Help and advice for first-time and big-trip travellers
- Easy-to-use maps help you discover highlights and hidden gems
- Detailed pre-planning, itinerary information and budget advice
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.