Europe on a Shoestring - Central & Eastern Europe (PDF Chapter)
This is the Central & Eastern Europe chapter from Lonely Planet’s Europe on a Shoe-string guidebook.
Central and Eastern Europe still retain a feeling of the ‘other’ Europe – wilder, less refined and more remote than their cousins in the west. Medieval capitals like Prague, Kraków and Bu-dapest number among the continent’s most beautiful cities and belong on any first-timer’s list.
- ramble around an intact 14th-century town core and cross the continent’s most beautiful bridge in Prague
- admire the biggest medieval public square in Europe situated right in the heart of Poland’s historic capital, Kraków
- bow your head in remembrance of the more than a million murdered at Ausch-witz-Birkenau in WWII
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Czech Republic, Prague, Bohemia, Moravia, Czech Republic Survival Guide, Poland, Warsaw , Kraków, Poland Survival Guide, Hungary, Budapest , Northeastern Hungary , Hungary Survival Guide, Romania, Bucharest, Transylvania, Romania Survival Guide, Bulgaria, Sofia, Plovdiv, Koprivshtitsa, Veliko Târnovo, Varna, Sozopol, Bulgaria Survival Guide, Ukraine, Kyiv, Lviv, Ukraine Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Shoestring guideWhat is a Shoestring guide?
Planning a big trip? On a Shoestring guidebooks are created with the budget- and value-conscious traveller in mind. Covering entire continents or very large regions, they’re chock-full of amazing sights and experiences, savvy tips and recommendations. The original Lonely Planet guidebook.
- Inspirational images, illustrated highlights, unrivalled local knowledge
- Help and advice for first-time and big-trip travellers
- Easy-to-use maps help you discover highlights and hidden gems
- Detailed pre-planning, itinerary information and budget advice
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.