Europe - Norway (PDF Chapter)
This is the Norway chapter from Lonely Planet’s Europe guidebook.
Norway is a once-in-a-lifetime destination and its appeal is simple: this is one of the most beautiful countries on earth. Impossibly steep-sided fjords cut deep gashes into the interior; and the appeal of the Arctic – and the Northern Lights – is primeval.
- enjoy Oslo’s cosmopolitan charms and the stunning Opera House
- explore Norway’s number-one fjord, Geirangerfjord, on the ferry from Hellesylt
- linger amid enchanted Bryggen buildings along Bergen’s waterfront
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Oslo, Bergen & the Fjords, Bergen, Stavanger, Sognefjorden, Geirangerfjord, Northern Norway, Trondheim, Tromsø, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.