Europe - Latvia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Latvia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Europe guidebook.
A tapestry of sea, lakes and woods, Latvia is best described as a vast, unspoilt parkland with just one real city – its cosmopolitan capital, Riga. The country might be small, but the amount of personal space it provides is enormous.
- click your camera at the nightmarish menagerie of gargoyles, mythical beasts, goddesses and twisting vines that inhabits Riga’s art nouveau architecture
- lose yourself in the Unesco-protected maze of cobblestones, church spires and ginger-bread trim of Old Riga
- launch lighting raids into Gauja National Park from C?sis Castle fortress
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Riga, Western Latvia, Jurmala, Kuldiga, Ventspils, Northern Latvia, Sigulda, Cesis, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.