Europe - Italy (PDF Chapter)
This is the Italy chapter from Lonely Planet’s Europe guidebook.
Italy is far more than the sum of its iconic sights. Its fiercely proud regions maintain centu-ries-old customs and culinary traditions, meaning enthralling festivals and delectable food appear at every turn.
- face up to Rome’s awe-inspiring art and iconic monuments
- take to the water and cruising past Gothic palaces, domed churches and crumbling piazzas in Venice
- explore the exquisite Renaissance time capsule of Florence
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes:, Rome, Northern Italy, Genoa, Cinque Terre, Turin, Milan, The Lakes, Venice, Bologna, Tuscany & Umbria, Florence, Lucca, Siena, Southern Italy, Naples, Capri, Amalfi Coast, Sicily, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience