Europe - Iceland (PDF Chapter)
This is the Iceland chapter from Lonely Planet’s Europe guidebook.
The energy is palpable on this magical island, where astonishing natural phenomena inspire the welcoming, creative locals and draw an increasing number of visitors in search of its un-trammelled splendour. A vast volcanic laboratory, here the earth itself is restless and alive.
- party till dawn on the weekend pub crawl djammið in Reykjavík, then hitting excellent mu-seums, shops and cafes
- ride horses, climb glaciers, treke lava fields or soak in hot-pots on the Snæfellsnes Penin-sula
- join the droves exploring the scintillating Gullfoss waterfall, exploding geysers and rift val-ley Þingvellir in the Golden Circle
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Reykjavík & Around, The Golden Circle, Blue Lagoon, The South, West Iceland, North Iceland, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience