Europe - Hungary (PDF Chapter)
This is the Hungary chapter from Lonely Planet’s Europe guidebook.
Stunning architecture, vital folk art, thermal spas and Europe’s most exciting capital after dark: Hungary is just the place to kick off a European adventure. Budapest’s allure is immediate at first sight, and it also boasts the region’s liveliest nightlife.
- lose yourself in the ‘ruin pubs’, wine bars and nightclubs of Budapest
- understand the sobering history of Turkish attacks, and sample Eger’s famed Bull’s Blood wine
- absorbe Pécs’ mild climate and historic architecture
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Budapest, Danube Bend & Western Transdanubia, Szentendre, Visegrád, Esztergom, Sopron, Lake Balaton & Southern Transdanubia, Balatonfü-red, Keszthely, Pécs, Great Plain, Szeged, Northern Hungary, Eger, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience