Europe - Greece (PDF Chapter)
This is the Greece chapter from Lonely Planet’s Europe guidebook.
Meander along Byzantine footpaths and shores, through villages, lush forests and olive groves. Swim in gorgeous clear waters. Lose yourself in sun-bleached ancient ruins – Acropolis, Delphi, Delos and Knossos. Greece is a legendary destination indeed.
- base yourself in quaint Nafplio and explore fabulous Peloponnesian sites nearby
- get lost in the back alleys of Corfu Town’s Venetian-style old town
- choose between swimming, visiting ruins or enjoying the local delights of diverse Nax-os
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Athens, Peloponnese, Nafplio, Mycenae, Epidavros, Olympia, Central Greece, Delphi, Meteora, Northern Greece, Thessaloniki, Cyclades, Mykonos, Naxos, Santorini, Crete, Iraklio, Knossos, Hania, Samaria Gorge, Dodecanese, Rhodes, Kos, Northeastern Aegean Islands, Samos, Lesvos, Ionian Islands, Corfu, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.