Europe - Greece (PDF Chapter)
This is the Greece chapter from Lonely Planet’s Europe guidebook.
Endless kilometres of aquamarine coastline, sun-bleached ancient ruins, strong feta and stronger ouzo – the Greek landscape thrills while the culture captivates with a population pas-sionate about everything from politics to art.
- trace the ancient to the modern, from the Acropolis to booming nightclubs, in Athens
- island-hop under the Aegean sun in the Cyclades
- sip ouzo while munching grilled octopus on olive-tree-filled Lesvos (Mytilini)
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Athens, The Peloponnese, Nafplio, Epidavros, Myce-nae, Mystras, Olympia, Central Greece, Delphi, Meteora, Northern Greece, Thessaloniki, Cycla-des, Mykonos, Naxos, Santorini (Thira), Crete, Iraklio, Knossos, Hania, Samaria Gorge, Dodeca-nese, Rhodes, Kos, Northeastern Aegean Islands, Samos, Lesvos (Mytilini), Sporades, Skiathos, Ionian Islands, Corfu, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.