Europe - Finland (PDF Chapter)
This is the Finland chapter from Lonely Planet’s Europe guidebook.
Inspired design, technology and epicurean scenes meet epic stretches of wilderness here in Europe’s deep north, where summer’s endless light balances winter’s eerie frozen magic. What-ever the season, there’s something pure in the Finnish air and spirit that’s vital and exciting.
- explore Finland’s harbourside capital, Helsinki, a creative melting pot for the latest in Finn-ish food, drink, design and nightlife
- marvel at the shimmering lakescapes of picturesque Savonlinna and catch top-quality opera in its medieval castle
- combine history with contemporary culture in Turku, one of Finland’s most dynamic and engaging cities
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Helsinki, Turku, Tampere, The Finnish Lakeland, Savonlinna, Lapland, Rovaniemi, Inari, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience