Europe - Finland (PDF Chapter)
This is the Finland chapter from Lonely Planet’s Europe guidebook.
Inspired design, technology and epicurean scenes meet epic stretches of wilderness here in Europe’s deep north, where summer’s endless light balances winter’s eerie frozen magic. What-ever the season, there’s something pure in the Finnish air and spirit that’s vital and exciting.
- explore Helsinki, Finland’s harbourside capital – a creative melting pot for the latest in Finnish food, drink, design and nightlife
- marvel at the shimmering lakescapes of picturesque Savonlinna, and catch top-quality opera in its medieval castle
- cruise Lakeland waterways, dine on tiny lake fish, and sweat in the huge, sociable smoke sauna in Kuopio
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Helsinki, Turku, Tampere, Lakeland, Savonlinna, Kuopio, Lapland, Rovaniemi, Inari, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.