Europe - Britain (PDF Chapter)
This is the Britain chapter from Lonely Planet’s Europe guidebook.
Few places cram so much history and scenery into such a compact space. You could spend a lifetime exploring – from ancient Stonehenge and Avebury, to the medieval cathedrals of West-minster and Canterbury, and the magnificent mountain landscapes of Snowdonia and Skye.
- explore the streets of London, one of the world’s greatest capital cities
- visit the Roman baths and admire grand Georgian architecture in Bath
- enjoy a Shakespeare play in Stratford-upon-Avon, the town where he was born
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: England, London, Windsor & Eton, Canterbury, Salisbury, Stonehenge, Bath, Oxford, The Cotswolds, Stratford-upon-Avon, Cambridge, York, Castle Howard, Chester, Lake District National Park, Wales, Cardiff, Snowdonia National Park (Parc Cenedlaethol Eryri), Scotland, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Loch Lomond & the Trossachs, Inver-ness, Loch Ness, Skye, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience