Europe - Bosnia & Hercegovina (PDF Chapter)
This is the Bosnia & Hercegovina chapter from Lonely Planet’s Europe guide-book.
Craggily beautiful Bosnia and Hercegovina is most intriguing for its East-meets-West atmosphere. Today’s visitors are likely to remember the country for its deep, unassuming human warmth, its beautiful mountains, numerous medieval castle ruins, raftable rivers, impressive waterfalls and bargainvalue skiing.
- pad around Bašcaršija’s fascinating Turkic-era alleyways and down heart-stopping Bosnian coffee and the nation’s best burek and cevapi in Sarajevo
- gawp as young men throw themselves off Mostar’s magnificently rebuilt stone bridge at the centre of the city’s old Ottoman quarter
- watch the waterfall tumble photogenically past castle-crowned Old Town in Jajce
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sarajevo, Hercegovina, Mostar, Blagaj, Trebinje, Western Bosnia, Una River Valley, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience