Europe - Belarus (PDF Chapter)
This is the Belarus chapter from Lonely Planet’s Europe guidebook.
Long regarded by travellers as little more than a curiosity, Belarus has suddenly emerged as one of Europe’s ‘it’ destinations. Fuelling that rise are a sneaky-good art and cafe scene, excel-lent museums, pulsing nightlife and hospitable locals.
- take in the architecture, the rowdy nightlife and the burgeoning arts scene of Minsk, Bela-rus’ capital
- stroll through the streets of cosmopolitan Brest and gape at its epic WWII memorials
- train your lens on the fairy-tale 16th-century Mir Castle – and its equally famous reflec-tion
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Minsk & Around, Nyasvizh, Mir, Brest & Around, Belavezhskaya Pushcha National Park, Survival Guide, When to Go.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience