Europe - Austria (PDF Chapter)
This is the Austria chapter from Lonely Planet’s Europe guidebook.
For such a small country, Austria is ridiculously large on inspiration. This is the land where Mozart was born, Strauss taught the world to waltz and Julie Andrews grabbed the spotlight with her twirling entrance in The Sound of Music.
- discover opulent Habsburg palaces, coffee houses and cutting-edge galleries in Vien-na
- survey Salzburg’s baroque cityscape from the giddy height of 900-year-old Festung Ho-hensalzburg
- send your spirits soaring from peak to peak, hiking and skiing in Kitzbühel
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Vienna, The Danube Valley, Krems an der Donau, Melk, Linz, The South, Graz, Klagenfurt, Salzburg, Salzkammergut, Hallstatt, Tyrol, Innsbruck, Kitzbühel, Lienz, Hohe Tauern National Park, Vorarlberg, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.