Europe - Albania (PDF Chapter)
This is the Albania chapter from Lonely Planet’s Europe guidebook.
A quarter of a century after throwing off the shackles of communism, Albania’s stunning mountain scenery, crumbling castles, boisterous capital and dreamy beaches rivalling any in the Mediterranean continue to enchant.
- do the wonderful day trek between the isolated mountain villages of Valbona and Theth and experiencing some of Albania’s best scenery in the Accursed Mountains
- explore Unesco World Heritage–listed Berat, known as the ‘city of a thousand win-dows’
- catch some sun at just one of the many gorgeous beaches on the Albanian Riviera
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Tirana, Central Albania, Berat, Gjirokastra, The Alba-nian Riviera & the East, Saranda, Ksamil, Himara, Shkodra, The Accursed Mountains & the North, Valbona, Theth, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience