Ethiopia & Djibouti - Western Ethiopia (PDF Chapter)
Western Ethiopia is undisturbed and seldom visited, but it’s one of the most beautiful regions in the country. Rainforests and coffee plantations share the landscape with savannah grass-lands, wildlife-rich swamps and high plateaus carpeted in fields of tef.
- visit Ethiopia’s first coffee museum and trekking through wildlife-rich forests in Kafa Bio-sphere Reserve
- fall off the map in Gambela National Park as you try to be among the first to witness one of Africa’s greatest but least-known migrations
- climb aboard a scrawny horse for a scenic descent into the pretty lake-filled crater of Mt Wenchi
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: The Western Highlands, Addis Alem, Ambo, Mt Wen-chi, Guder, Nekemte, Bedele, Metu, Tepi, Mizan Tefari, Jimma, Weliso, Kafa Biosphere Reserve, The Western Lowlands, Gambela, Gambela National Park.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.