Ethiopia & Djibouti - Southern Ethiopia (PDF Chapter)
Southern Ethiopia is a canvas ripped in two. Its landscape is being torn apart by the Great Rift Valley, leaving a trail of lakes where you can go see crocodiles, hippos and birds – or just drink in the scenery from your hotel.
- spot the world’s rarest canid, the Ethiopian wolf, while trekking the sublime Bale Mountains National Park
- barter for an inscribed calabash at the lively tribal market of Key Afar
- get lost in the labyrinthine traditional Konso Villages
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Butajira, Hosaina, Sodo, Rift Valley Lakes, Lake Zi-way, Lake Langano, Abiata-Shala Lakes National Park, Shashemene, Awasa, Lephis, Bale Mountains, Dodola, Bale Mountains National Park, Dola-Mena, South to Kenya, Dilla, Yabelo, Borana National Park – Yabelo Wildlife Sanctuary, Moyale, Arba Minch & Around, Arba Minch, Nechisar National Park, Dorze, Konso, Konso Kantas, The Lower Omo Valley, Jinka, Mago Na-tional Park, Key Afar, Turmi, Arbore, Dimeka, Kangaten & Kolcho, Omorate, Weyto, Southwest Omo Valley, Kibish, Omo National Park.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.