*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Ethiopia & Djibouti - Northern Ethiopia (PDF Chapter)
For most visitors to Ethiopia, it’s all about the north. More than anywhere else on Earth, northern Ethiopia has the ability to wow you day after day after day.
- immerse yourself in Lalibela’s mind-blowing rock-hewn churches
- try not to lose your balance as you trek along the endless Abyssinian abysses with gelada monkeys for company in the Simien Mountains
- smell the sulphur and staring in disbelief at the thermometer in the otherworldly land of the Danakil Depression
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Debre Libanos, Bahir Dar, Lake Tana & its Monaster-ies, Gonder, Gorgora, Wunenia & Kosoye, Simien Mountains National Park, Aksum, Adwa, Adigrat, Rock-hewn Churches of Tigray, Mekele, Danakil Depression, Lalibela, Dessie, Kombol-cha, Bati, Menz-Guassa Community Conservation Area, Debre Markos.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.