Ethiopia & Djibouti - Eastern Ethiopia (PDF Chapter)
Most of eastern Ethiopia is a stark landscape of dust-stained acacia scrub and forgettable towns. But scattered around this cloak of the commonplace are gems of genuine adventure. Un-doubtedly, the east’s pièce de résistance is the walled city of Harar.
- explore the magical jumble of alleyways of Harar’s old walled town, and witness the fa-mous feeding of the hyenas after nightfall
- take a tour of the popular Awash National Park, known for its outstanding birdlife and vari-ety of landscapes
- get out of the car and track elephants on foot around the underrated Babille Elephant Sanctuary
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Bishoftu (Debre Zeyit), Awash National Park, Djibouti Road, Asaita, Dire Dawa & Around, Harar & Around, Jijiga.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience