Ethiopia & Djibouti - Addis Ababa (PDF Chapter)
Since its establishment in the 19th century, Addis Ababa has always seemed like a magical gateway to another world. Africa’s fourth-largest city and Ethiopia’s diplomatic capital is traf-fic-choked and sprawling, but is the best place to sample Ethiopian food, and has wonderful museums and accommodation.
- delve into the excellent treasure trove of the Ethnological Museum
- see Lucy, one of our oldest ancestors, at the National Museum
- stare in silent contemplation at the moving memorial of the ‘Red Terror’ Martyrs Memorial Museum
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Tours, Courses, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.