Estonia, Latvia & Lithuania - Latvia (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Latvia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Estonia, Latvia & Lithuania guidebook.
A tapestry of sea, lakes and woods, Latvia is best described as a vast unspoilt parkland with just one real city – its cosmopolitan capital, Rīga. You can always secure a chunk of pristine nature, be it for trekking, cycling, or lounging on a white-sand beach.
- lose yourself in the maze of cobblestones, church spires and gingerbread trim that is Unesco-protected Old Rīga
- sneak away from the capital and indulge in aristocratic decadence at Rundāle Palace
- listen to the waves pound the awesomely remote Cape Kolka, which crowns the desolate Kurzeme coast
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Understand Latvia, Latvia Today, History, The People, The Arts: Cinema, Latvian Song & Dance, Art and Architecture, Food & Drink, Directory A-Z, Transport, Rīga & around, Jūrmala, Ķemeri National Park, Western Latvia (Kurzeme), Ventspils Road, Ventspils, Pāvilosta, Liepāja, Abava River Valley, Kuldīga, Cape Kolka (Kolkasrags), Southern Latvia (Zemgale), Bauska, Rundāle Palace, Dobele & around, Northeastern Latvia (Vidzeme), Vidzeme Coast, Gauja National Park, Southeastern Latvia (Latgale), Daugava River Valley, Daugavpils & around, and Rēzekne & around.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.