*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Estonia, Latvia & Lithuania - Kaliningrad Excursion (PDF Chapter)
This is the Kaliningrad Excursion chapter from Lonely Planet’s Estonia, Latvia & Lithuania guidebook.
An intriguing destination, Kaliningrad is one of the grandest could-have-beens on the map of Europe. Having emerged, matured and indeed grown old as the grandiose German city of Königsberg, it is now the capital of a Russian exclave, surrounded on all sides by EU countries.
- visit the grave of philosopher Immanuel Kant and listen to an organ concert in Kaliningrad Cathedral
- learn about Russian maritime history at Kaliningrad’s fascinating Museum of the World Ocean
- admire beautiful pieces of jewellery and art made from petrified pine resin at the Amber Museum
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Understand Kaliningrad, Kaliningrad Today, History, Transport, Sights, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, and Entertainment.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.