Estonia, Latvia & Lithuania - Kaliningrad Excursion (PDF Chapter)
This is the Kaliningrad Excursion chapter from Lonely Planet’s Estonia, Latvia & Lithuania guidebook.
An intriguing destination, Kaliningrad is one of the grandest could-have-beens on the map of Europe. Having emerged, matured and indeed grown old as the grandiose German city of Königsberg, it is now the capital of a Russian exclave, surrounded on all sides by EU countries.
- visit the grave of philosopher Immanuel Kant and listen to an organ concert in Kaliningrad Cathedral
- learn about Russian maritime history at Kaliningrad’s fascinating Museum of the World Ocean
- admire beautiful pieces of jewellery and art made from petrified pine resin at the Amber Museum
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Understand Kaliningrad, Kaliningrad Today, History, Transport, Sights, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, and Entertainment.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.