Estonia, Latvia & Lithuania - Lithuania (PDF Chapter)
This is the Lithuania chapter from Lonely Planet’s Estonia, Latvia & Lithuania guidebook.
Blame it on the Baltic sea breeze or the almost endless midsummer days: Lithuania has an otherworldly quality. In the southernmost of the Baltic States, beaches are spangled with amber and woodlands are alive with demonic statues.
- wander the backstreets of beautiful baroque Vilnius, looking for that perfect bar
- cycle, swim in the Baltic Sea or explore settlements in Curonian Spit National Park
- fish, boat, bathe and forage for berries in Aukštaitija National Park, Lithuania’s beloved lake-land
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Vilnius & Around, Trakai, Kernav?, Europos Parkas Sculpture Park, Eastern & Southern Lithuania, Aukštaitija National Park, Visaginas & Ignalina Nu-clear Power Station, Labanoras Regional Park, Druskininkai, Dz?kija National Park, Central Lithua-nia, Kaunas, K?dainiai, Birštonas, Šiauliai, Biržai, Anykš?iai, Western Lithuania, Klaip?da, Curonian Spit National Park, Nemunas Delta, Palanga & Around, Žemaitija National Park, Understand Lithu-ania, Lithuania Today, History, The People, Lithuania’s Hoop Dreams, The Arts, Food & Drink, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience