Estonia, Latvia & Lithuania - Latvia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Latvia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Estonia, Latvia & Lithuania guide-book.
A tapestry of sea, lakes and woods, Latvia is best described as a vast, unspoiled parkland with just one real city – its cosmopolitan capital, R?ga. The country might be small, but the amount of personal space it provides is enormous.
- gawk at the menagerie of devilish gargoyles that inhabit R?ga’s art nouveau treasures
- lose yourself in Old R?ga’s Unesco-protected maze of cobblestones, church spires and gin-gerbread trim
- listen to the waves pound awesomely remote Cape Kolka, which crowns the lonely Kurzeme coast
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: R?ga & Around, J?rmala, ?emeri, Western Latvia (Kurzeme), Kurzeme Gulf Coast, Cape Kolka (Kolkasrags), Northern Baltic Coast, Ventspils, P?vi-losta, Liep?ja, Kuld?ga, Alsunga, Sabile, Southern Latvia (Zemgale), Bauska, Rund?le Palace, Dobele & Around, Daugava River Valley, Northeastern Latvia (Vidzeme), Vidzeme Coast, Gauja National Park, Southeastern Latvia (Latgale), Daugavpils & Around, R?zekne & Around, Under-stand Latvia, Latvia Today, History, The People, The Arts, Food & Drink, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience