Estonia, Latvia & Lithuania - Kaliningrad Excursion (PDF Chapter)
This is the Kaliningrad Excursion chapter from Lonely Planet’s Estonia, Latvia & Lithua-nia guidebook.
The free e-visa available to many visitors, still valid at the time of writing, gives access to this fascinating region of medieval German ruins, wide sandy beaches and amber-filled dunes, plus a glimpse of Russia at yet another poignant moment in its history.
- admire beautiful pieces of jewellery and art made from petrified pine resin at the Amber Mu-seum
- visit the grave of philosopher Immanuel Kant and listen to an organ concert in Kaliningrad Cathedral
- learn about Russian maritime history and clamber aboard ships in the Museum of the World Ocean
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights & Activities, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Night-life, Entertainment, Understand Kaliningrad, Kaliningrad Today, History, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.