Estonia, Latvia & Lithuania - Estonia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Estonia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Estonia, Latvia & Lithuania guide-book.
‘Eesti’, as it’s known to its people, is a pint-sized gem. Squeezed in between Latvia, Russia and the Gulf of Finland, its sparsely populated territory spills out into the Baltic in the form of over 2000 islands.
- scour Tallinn’s cobbled lanes for the museums, churches, restaurants and bars of one of Europe’s best-preserved medieval cities
- wander the forest paths, bog boardwalks, boulder-strewn beaches and manor houses of Lahemaa National Park, the country’s favourite
- further your education among the museums and student bars of Tartu, Estonia’s second city
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Tallinn & Around, Keila-Joa, Padise, Kaberneeme, Northern Estonia, Lahemaa National Park, Rakvere, Ontika Nature Reserve, Narva, Narva-Jõesuu, Southern Estonia, Western Estonia & the Islands, Haapsalu, Muhu, Saaremaa, Hiiumaa, Vormsi, Understand Estonia, Estonia Today, History, The People, The Arts, Food & Drink, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.