Understand England and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the England Today, History, Food & Drink, English Architecture, The English Landscape, Arts, Sporting England, Directory A–Z and Transport chapters from Lonely Planet’s England guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, arts and architecture to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and lesbian travellers, and travellers with disabilities. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on England’s wondrous landscapes, from the Lake District’s peaks to Jurassic coast beaches
- info on arts and architecture, from Shakespeare to the Sex Pistols and from stone circles to the Shard
- full coverage of the 5000 years of history that are packed into this pint-sized country
- details on England today, and the hot topics being discussed over a pint at the pub
Coverage includes: England Today, History, Food & Drink, English Architecture, The English Landscape, Arts, Sporting England, Directory A–Z and Transport.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.