Plan your trip (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Welcome to England, England’s Top 20, Need to Know, First Time England, What’s New, If You Like..., Month by Month, Itineraries, The Great Outdoors, Travel with Children, and Regions at a Glance chapters from Lonely Planet’s England guidebook.
Your journey to England starts here. You’ll find the tools to plan your adventure: where to go and when, how much to budget, plus in-depth info on travelling with children.
- tailor-made itineraries, arranged by region, themes and events
- list of highlights and best experiences
- everything you need to know about England’s great outdoors
- user-friendly country overview ensures you won’t miss a thing
Coverage includes: Welcome to England, England’s Top 20, Need to Know, First Time England, What’s New, If You Like: Royal England, Castles, Museums, National Parks, Historic Houses, Cathedrals, Shopping, Festivals, Quaint Villages, Art Galleries, Coastal Beauty, Seaside Towns, Month by Month, Itineraries, The Great Outdoors, Travel with Children, and Regions at a Glance.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation