Newcastle & Northeast England (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Newcastle & Northeast England chapter from Lonely Planet’s England guidebook.
The irrepressible city of Newcastle-upon-Tyne anchors England’s northeast. Set on the mighty River Tyne, this former industrial powerhouse’s steep hills are lined with handsome Victorian buildings, and many of its one-time factories and warehouses have been transformed into galleries, museums, bars and entertainment venues.
- negotiate the tidal causeway to reach the other-worldly pilgrimage site of Holy Island, Lindis-farne
- explore Victoria Tunnel, a coal-wagon tunnel and WWII air-raid shelter beneath Newcastle’s streets
- stargaze from the Kielder Observatory in the Northumberland International Dark Sky Park.
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Tynemouth, Durham, Barnard Castle, Hadrian’s Wall, Northumberland National Park, Northumberland Coast.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.