*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
England - Manchester, Liverpool & Northwest England (PDF Chapter)
This is the Manchester, Liverpool & Northwest England chapter from Lonely Planet’s England guidebook.
Two rival cities with rich traditions, a medieval masterpiece, an island unto itself and some of the finest countryside in England. Dominating the region is Manchester. Just across the Pennines is Liverpool, fiercely proud of its own.
- learn a history lesson at Liverpool’s most emotionally charged museum, the International Slavery Museum
- visit the Liverpool houses where Beatles John and Paul grew up – and wrote their earliest hits
- catch a show at Home, Manchester’s exciting and provocative arts centre
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Manchester, Chester, Liverpool, Lancashire, Blackpool, Lancaster, Clitheroe, Forest of Bowland, Isle of Man, Douglas & Around, Castletown & Around and Peel.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.