This is the London chapter from Lonely Planet’s England guidebook.
One of the world’s most visited cities, London has something for everyone: history, culture, fine food and endless good times. Immersed in history, London’s rich seams of eye-opening antiquity are everywhere, with landmarks like the Tower of London, Westminster Abbey and Big Ben.
- watch the world pass by in Regent’s Park, one of London’s loveliest parks
- marvel at the epoch-spanning collections of British Museum, the nation’s flagship muse-um
- see one of the Bard’s plays at Shakespeare’s Globe
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Neighbourhoods at a Glance.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.